The next up and coming area of Nashville: Capitol View
A new development is coming to Nashville called Capital View that will be located in downtown Nashville directly off I-65 at Charlotte Avenue and 11th Avenue North, between Germantown and the Gulch.
This will be an urban mixed-use development with 1 million square feet of office space and 300,000 sq. ft. of retail, restaurant and grocery space. The development will also features 1,000 multi-family units, 2 hotels and an urban park event space. This will be an incredible opportunity for retailers looking for space in the underserved downtown, Gulch, Germantown, and West End neighborhoods.
Capitol View will be developed by Northwestern Mutual Life Real Estate Holdings, LLC who is partnering with Boyle Nashville, LLC to develop approximately 21.5 acres. HCA has an adjacent 10.555 acres that it plans to start by year’s end construction for towers to accommodate offices for Parallon Business Solutions and Sarah Cannon Research Institute.
This is a key location in Nashville. Demand drivers for trade in this area include:
- 39,600 daytime population in the main downtown office district
- 50,335 daytime population in the entire CDB
- 1.1 million tourists daily on Broadway alone
- 668,777 visitors to the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2013
- TriStar Centennial & St. Thomas Medical Center which has around 8,500 combined employees
- 70,000 attendees during football games and CMA Music Fest at LP field
- Marathon Village 162,000 SF music venue with retail and office space as well
- 21,398 employees, 12,757 students & 5,859 student housing units at Vanderbilt
It will be a walkable community that will also connect to the Nashville Greenway systems, encouraging multiple types of transportation. The vision includes a hierarchy of safe, vibrant streets and will implement an architectural character inspired by the love of Nashville.
The project is expected to take about 6 years to be developed if the economy stays as healthy as it is right now, or if it slows it may take up to 10 years. Exciting things are coming to Nashville!